cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting VIXIA HF R80 to Camera Connect

mbkrueger
Apprentice

I have installed the app on my Android phone and set the camera for "Remote : Monitor from Home".  Camera shows the Network Name & Password.  On my phone my Settings show me connected to the Camera's network.  Launching the App shows the network name but shows "Not Connected To Camera" - however the camera changes over to the image from the lens and shows "Connected".  I've uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone, and re-installed.  Same problem.  I removed the app and installed "Camera Connect & Control".  It shows connection to the VIXIA network - but is stuck "Scanning for cameras...".   Again - the camera says it's connected.

How do I get the phone to also show the connection?

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Based on what the camcorder is doing and that connection not being reflected in the app, it sounds like there may be an issue with the access permissions in the phone's settings. Usually reinstalling the app resolves this because the phone should prompt you to allow or restrict access during installation, but if you aren't getting those notices you may need to manually go into your phone's app settings and allow access and external connections for Camera Connect for it to see the camcorder. 

Announcements