cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sennheiser AVX-ME2 SET Digital Wireless Omni Lavalier with EOS C200

jimmy2cans
Apprentice

The Sennheiser AVX-ME2 digital lavs do not work on my c200. Only the G2 analogue works. I used the digital on my c100 and it sounded great. On the c200, the audio is squelched and distorted. You can clearly see it in the waveform on my premiere timeline. Same results with the Rode digital lavs. It's definitely not the mics. It's the camera that's the problem. This happens whether or not phantom power is on or off. 

3 REPLIES 3

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

Since the connection to the camera is analogue, there's really only one issue that can affect compatibility, and that's the signal level.  Sounds like yours is too high.  Maybe the C200 is just more sensitive than the C100.

You can adjust the mic recording level in the camera -- see page 101 of the manual, and I would make sure that the level is set to "manual" -- or on the AVX receiver, using the "AF Out" button.  Tweak both til it sounds good.  You should have level meters on screen, and make sure that they don't hit the top.

BTW I reviewed the AVX system here: https://moonblink.info/MudLake/gear#AVX

jimmy2cans
Apprentice

On my c200, I can only control levels with the physical dials. My manual an online manual doesn't cover audio settings. my db input is set to 0. Page 101 doesn't have anything on audio. There's no other information about audio in my print and online manuals. Have you used this mic on a c200? 

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

I believe on the C200 — like my C70 — if you plug in an unbalanced mic to the 3.5mm socket, then levels are adjusted in the menus.  If you plug in using XLR (balanced), then levels are adjusted via the physical knobs.

In any case, yes, you need to adjust the levels, and for XLR, that's done via the knobs.  Make sure the switches are set to manual, speak into the mic normally, and adjust the levels until the level meters on the display are safely below the top.

The manual I'm referring to is the "C200 Digital Cinema Camera, Instruction Manual, Firmware ver. 1.0.7.1.00".  The section "Adjusting the Audio Recording Level" is on page 101.  If you have an older version of the manual, you can download the newest one from the support site (I used the UK support site).  Page 128 shows how to set up a button to display the level meters.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements