Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: RE EOS Utility

I do have a shortcut for EOSU3 in my dock, but EOSU3 starts automatically if I connect my camera to the computer and power on the camera.

To the OP - you said your camera is detected by Windows, correct?

You can just open the DCIM folder and download the images from there.My cards are empty so there are none, but they would be in the 100EOSXX folder.

2019-02-16 (1).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Occasional Contributor

Hi

thanks, and that's correct, and I am able to use cannon's EOS Lense registration tool which doesn't work unless the camera is  connected

lensReg.png

Occasional Contributor

I'm going to my sons house see if his computer works with it

VIP

@adriansuri wrote:

I'm going to my sons house see if his computer works with it

Take a look at this recent thread.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/EOS-utility-3-does-not-find-my-5D-IV/m-p/265510#M6890

All you need to do is manually start the application for the first time.  That’s it.  That’s all you need to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor

I feel a little embarased now, you were correct the icon I was using was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\EOS Utility\EOS Utility.exe" which didn't work but as you suggested EOS Utility 3 does

Thanks for all the help

Kind Regards 

Adrian Parkash Suri