Share Your Photos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood Moon Progression over Pittsburgh

I didn't know if I could pull this off, but I wanted to try anyway.  I went to a spot where I knew I could line up downtown Pittsburgh with the Full Blood Moon eclipse in its entirety the other night.  I set the camera to capture a shot every 3 minut...

BestFullBloodMoonProgression05152022.jpg
billkard by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Water Drops - T4i and EF 100mmL Macro

I was digging around in my archives and ran across these shots that I took in 2014 with my Rebel T4i and the EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM lens. I haven't tried anything like this since, but it would be fun so I might give it another another go when I get ...

Drops-1a.jpg Drops-3a.jpg Drops-2a.jpg

Closeups using the RF 100mm L Macro Lens

I really couldn't get close enough to call these macro, although after cropping, they probably are. Shot just a few hours before dark, so lighting wasn't optimal, but you shoot when you can and I kind of like the effect All were hand held and even t...

Green Anole-0002Sa.jpg Ruby-throated Hummingbird MAL-0002Sa.jpg Ruby-throated Hummingbird MAL-0001Sb.jpg Jumping Spider-002Sa.jpg

remotely shot

My wife tells me that these are Celosia plants.I took this wirelessly from about 20 feet away using my Samsung tablet and the Camera Connect and Control software.The camera itself was sitting on a lawn chair about 2.5 feet from the flowers.f7.1, ss12...

Celosia plants.jpg
stevet1 by Authority
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 1 series gear in the rain

Thursday I shot a high school soccer game under some of the most miserable conditions I have been in with mixed moderate rain and mist with plenty of wind and temperatures in the mid 40s F.  The Canon 1 series gear and L series glass was fine and did...

AS0I9925.JPG AC4I8637.JPG
wq9nsc by Elite
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Action baseball photo

Was browsing through my archives to see if I could find a Sports Mode photo and found this. This is my grandson getting a hit. Note the ball is in flight. Not sure if this was SM but settings are: f/4.5, 1/640, ISO-3200, 0 step, 95mm.Photo is unedite...

IMG_7218.JPG

Foggy Pittsburgh Morning

Pittsburgh has so many spots to capture great sunrises - but it's especially fun when the fog rolls in.  Last Friday was one of the more fun days!Building Tops of Downtown PittsburghPoint of View - Pittsburgh

FoggySunrise04242022SM.jpg TelescopeFog04242022SM.jpg
billkard by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
Announcements