cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submerged plant

ctitanic
Rising Star

I ran into this plant submerged in a lake and thought that it may work well in a high contrast black and white picture. Here is the result:

Using a R6 M1Using a R6 M1

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.
Flickr, Blog: Click Fanatic.
7 REPLIES 7

stevet1
Authority
Authority

Frank,

Nice photo.

Steve Thomas

Thanks!

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow! Excellent decision to emphasize the contrast and make it B&W. The community team is currently preparing the next gallery update and this image will definitely be considered. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for your kind words!

Frank

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

I like this, it's subtle, and a little surrealist!

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks!

Frank

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Revising this, if it was done in all blue, it would remind me of the some of the first images ever captured, known as Cyanotypes, by Anna Atkins, who is arguably one of the first people to not only capture a photo, but to publish a series of them in a selection of volumes.  The Cyanotype was invented by the polymath John Herschel and was the origin of the blueprint process used to reproduce architectural and engineering drawings.
see: Anna Atkins - Wikipedia

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements