cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Park Bench

Vulture678
Contributor

I just recently started shooting in Monochrome and thought I'd share this photo.  I've walked by this bench hundreds of time without ever giving it a thought to photograph it.  However, black and white puts you in a different mindset when it comes taking photos and somehow, I thought this seemed interesting (lol).  Anyway, shot on Canon 1DX original and Ef 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM ll.  Settings: ISO 100 300mm f5.6 1/80 sec.  Park BenchPark Bench

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ron888
Contributor

Interesting.Recently i've been thinking more about B&W,partly because it's an interesting challenge.I'm getting bored with my new camera because it always gets perfect color pictures 😄

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

This is where ordinary becomes extraordinary.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Vulture678
Contributor

Thank you!   Lately, I've been trying to think outside the box and just shoot simple things. Black and white just makes see things in a different way for some reason.  I took my 50D out the other day and made shots of daisies.  The color out of that camera is just amazing to me and so is the 1DX.  I will never ever, ever get rid of either of  those two cameras.   Lol

Vulture678,

I gave your photo a Like because of it's simple lines. You reduced the scene to its barest elements; that and the texture of the bark on that tree. I felt like I could reach out and touch it, and the feel would be exactly how it looks.

Steve Thomas

Thank you!  It waws such a simple shot that I never paid any attention to until I started to shoot in monochrome.  When I saw the shadows and highlights of the tree and bench, I just thought it would be a cool shoot in monochrome.  

Ron888
Contributor

Interesting.Recently i've been thinking more about B&W,partly because it's an interesting challenge.I'm getting bored with my new camera because it always gets perfect color pictures 😄

Lol, I understand and that is one of the reasons I started shooting in black and white.  I have even started to make in camera adjustments to the certain picture style to create my own look.  I haven't been successful in my own recipe but I feel like I'm getting there.  Some days when I'm watching tv, I have my camera beside me and just take black and white pics of things around me.  It gives you another perspective on the simple things in life.  Or on your next outing, just shoot in monochrome and you will start to see things in a different perspective and you will get your interest back.  

Hey that's a neat idea.I'm starting to understand the thinking needed but could do with a whole lot of practice😄

Vulture678
Contributor

Thanks.  I like to do black and white on cloudy days but it depends on your preference.  It's cloudy here today so I took the 50D with me on my morning walk and took some black and whites.  Anyway, here's an example of what I do when I'm just sitting around the house (lol).  Shot Canon 50D. IMG_1846.jpg

Announcements