cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canoscan 9000f flatbed film scanner: problem. negative film scans output uneven

cxfo
Contributor

I haven't used my scannner for years.  Started it up and it began scanning my bw negs of two strips left and right positions in the carrier.  It worked well for about two dozen scans: both strips reading good bw images.  I had to stop the scan at one point and restarted scanning.  A few scans later which produced okay images, the left strip scanned a very light image (serious underexposed) with a quarter inch strip on top that appeared to be  normal bw. The right strip scanned a normal dark image.  In all these problem scans, both right and left bw negative strips were similarly dark before and after scan, they looked normally exposed. Tried to scan again several times and the left strip would not produce a readable image, scanned images were dim, light, very underexposed.  Turned scanner off and restarted several times but same problem.  I scanned color negative and same problem with left strip light images.  I scanned color slides and scans produced normal color images.  What's going on? My mac desktop is working fine with MP Navigator settings for bw negatives at bw negative film and scan set at film type.   It worked well for a period of time, two days of scanning, and now my scanner is producing this problem.  Any suggestions or ideas?   Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

This model scanner was retired in 2017 so depending on the version of Mac OS you are running, the scanner may be using the built in scanner driver and not the scanner driver. It is also possible there is a hardware issue with the scanner and it would need to be replaced.

Since the scanner is retired, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

This model scanner was retired in 2017 so depending on the version of Mac OS you are running, the scanner may be using the built in scanner driver and not the scanner driver. It is also possible there is a hardware issue with the scanner and it would need to be replaced.

Since the scanner is retired, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements