cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My CanoScan LiDE 300 suddenly just whirrs and stops!

nicolabourne
Apprentice

I'm thinking it's related to a Windows 10 update a couple of weeks ago. I've now gone through the process of downloading and installing the latest software, but still get nothing but a couple of whirring sounds and then get stuck with a message saying the scanner is warming up (it isn't!). Canon seems to make it impossible to get support. I've now typed my name and password at least four times but that doesn't get me anywhere. Is there ANY way of getting support from Canon? If not, does anyone on this page know if I should just throw my not-very-old scanner out the window?

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Before you discard try VueScan by Hamrick Software. I am still using a Minolta film scanner that stopped being supported later than Windows XP thanks to VueScan. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

In addition to John's recommendation, you can also use the "Uninstall Updates" option on Windows update and/or System Restore to return to a point in time when the scanner worked.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

nicolabourne
Apprentice

Thank you both. I'll give your potential solutions a try.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements