cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDE 400 and USB-C Cable Question

betona
Apprentice

After many years with a LiDE 100, I upgraded to the LiDE 400 and am getting set up. I knew it had USB-C but was surprised that it comes with a USB-C to USB-A cable; I guess for backward compatibility with older computers?

Surely it can handle a normal USB-C to USB-C cable, yes? USB-C is so much faster than the old USB-A. I can't find anything about this online so I'm asking here. And I've got half a mind to dig up a USB-C cable and give it a try.

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Betona! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you would like to know if you can use a USB-C to USB-C cable with your CanoScan LiDE400.

If the USB-C port on your computer allows communication with a scanner, you can use a USB-C to USB-C cable in place of the provided cable. Please make sure that the cable you purchase can be used for data transfer and is no longer than 6 feet.

We also recommend connecting the cable directly to a port that is on your computer. Using an adapter or external USB hub has been known to cause communication issues.

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Announcements