cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA40 HDMI ISSUE

M_G_C
Apprentice

Hi I have XA40 camcorder and I tried to connect it via hdmi to my computer screen and it didn't work but when I connect it to Samsung TV it works, why ?

Also I tried to other TV's Not Samsung and also it didn't work at all like I'm not even connecting an HDMI.

I think it have specific hdmi format and I like to know it, I tried to search for the HDMI format online but I didn't get any information about it.

Is the hdmi format is the problem or something else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What computer are you using; specifically the display?  It could be that the display doesn't support the HDMI signal that the camcorder is outputting.  TVs/monitors/projectors (video equipment) would allow more types of signals.

One guess is that the cam may be outputting interlaced video and/or a framerate that the computer's display isn't compatible with.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What computer are you using; specifically the display?  It could be that the display doesn't support the HDMI signal that the camcorder is outputting.  TVs/monitors/projectors (video equipment) would allow more types of signals.

One guess is that the cam may be outputting interlaced video and/or a framerate that the computer's display isn't compatible with.

--
Ricky

Thanks a lot it was the frame per second

YOU SAVED MY DAY MAN !

Glad to be of help!

--
Ricky

Announcements