cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instead of showing the last photo taken, the Canon R5C's image review is displaying the photo taken

linslouis
Apprentice

I'm currently using Canon eos R5c. When i try to shoot photos and try to look for the preview , it not showing the current photo i took, instead it showing a photo taken just before it(Image review time is currently off , so it must show the preview when i press the play button) .This problem is so frustrating when i shoot some events. When i shoot and press the play button for an instant preview it show a different photo. 

Video : Video of the issue 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

linslouis
Apprentice

Finally, I was able to find a solution to the issue I was facing. It turned out to be a bug specific to the Canon Eos R5C, and it's uncertain whether the same bug is present in other models. The problem stemmed from a combination of certain image settings, which caused the camera to take longer than usual to process images. If there were no images saved on the memory card, the camera would display a "busy, please wait" message. However, if there was a previous image on the camera, it would display the latest one in the list, causing confusion and frustration. If the camera settings were normal, the image would write to the memory card quickly.Then there is no problem

Ideally, if the camera was taking time to save an image to the memory card, it should display the "busy, please wait" message, regardless of whether the memory card was empty or not. I was able to fix this problem by resetting the camera settings, but if I want to use the previous settings, I will have to deal with this bug again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I watched your video. You're toggling between live view and image review.  I'd like to help, but I'm afraid I have no idea what it is that you're asking or expecting the camera to do. If image review is set to disabled, why do you expect the camera to show you something besides the pictures it's already captured when the play button is pressed?

Maybe you can rephrase the question?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

linslouis
Apprentice

Suppose I set the image review time to 2 seconds. The camera will display the photo taken for 2 seconds and then return to the shooting view. However, I don't want my camera to display a preview after every shot. Instead, I only want the camera to display the preview when I press the play button. For this purpose, I disabled the preview function. Even if I enable the preview function, the camera will display the preview, but the play button will still show the photo taken just before that. I recently switched to the EOS R5C. Before that, I was using the EOS R5 and before that, the Canon 5D Mark IV and Canon 60D. All of these cameras worked as expected.

linslouis
Apprentice

Finally, I was able to find a solution to the issue I was facing. It turned out to be a bug specific to the Canon Eos R5C, and it's uncertain whether the same bug is present in other models. The problem stemmed from a combination of certain image settings, which caused the camera to take longer than usual to process images. If there were no images saved on the memory card, the camera would display a "busy, please wait" message. However, if there was a previous image on the camera, it would display the latest one in the list, causing confusion and frustration. If the camera settings were normal, the image would write to the memory card quickly.Then there is no problem

Ideally, if the camera was taking time to save an image to the memory card, it should display the "busy, please wait" message, regardless of whether the memory card was empty or not. I was able to fix this problem by resetting the camera settings, but if I want to use the previous settings, I will have to deal with this bug again.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I'm more inclined to think its a undesirable situation you created due to your settings choices, but if you believe its actually a bug, report it to Canon and see what they think.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements