blakeakablezzy
Contributor

canon c70 XF-avc 4k intra 60/24 fps

anyone having issues with the video showing up BUT ONLY AUDIO ON FCPX 

25 REPLIES 25

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I have not had any issues with C70 footage with Final Cut Pro (I currently have version 10.6.5).  I have mostly used the XF-AVC YCC422 10 bit and RAW ST codecs at 24.00 fps.  For gamma, I always use CLog2.

What version of Final Cut are you using?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi Ricky I had the same version as you I was shooting 4k 60/24 intra xf avc ycc422 with the new canon 709 profile only 30fps works for me I use the late 2019 intel MacBook Pro 16inch with the adm 5500 graphics 

AceRaz
Apprentice

I have the same problem, it is the first time I shot 24fps ( I usually shoot 25fps Pal ) but I had a shoot recently for client in the US and they wanted 24fps.

For some reason I can open the clip in VLC player but It only loads as Audio in FCPX / Compressor so this slowly turning into a nightmare as I need to get this clip to the editor ASAP, if you have any help would be much appreciated.

I have a MACBOOK PRO M1 MAX 2021 running Ventura MAC OS 13.3, I upgraded hoping the issue would go away but nope, exactly the same 

I am guessing there is an issue with 24fps as anything else i have shot mostly 25p or 23,98 has worked flawlessly previously.

What specific codec are you using on the C70? RAW? XF-AVC? MP4?

How are you injesting the footage? For my workflow, I'll take the SD card from the C70 and insert it in the SD card slot on my iMac Pro and make a copy of the entire card to my external RAID data drive.  e.g., I'll create a folder for that card's contents and then within it will be subfolders of "CONTENTS", "CRM", "DCIM" and "MISC".   When importing in Final Cut Pro, I point to the folder I created, and all my clips are found.  Imported clips have both video and audio.

What version of Final Cut are you using?

Finally, shouldn't matter, but are you capturing in true 24 (switched the system frequency)?  Be sure to match the Final Cut project settings to 24 frames (or 23.976 if that is what you're capturing).

--
Ricky

This doesn’t work for me the 4k 24fps started to work I brought a new computer Mac m2 but only audio still shows on 4k 60 xf avc normal shooting mode 

Are you and AceRaz using Apple Silicon Macs? Perhaps that's the issue?  I'm still on an Intel Mac (iMac Pro), and have been having no issues with C70 24 fps footage in Final Cut.

--
Ricky

I have both an intel 2019 mackbook pro and a 2021 macbook pro M1 MAX 

Maybe it needs some sort of apple driver update ?

I just downloaded DA VINCI RESOLVE and the thankfully shows up and works.

This is some weird bug / issue with 24fps in FCPX and Quicktime as you can't preview the file in finder either and QT must be the main culprit. I am just glad I have some sort of solution. It might be time to transition to Da Vinci as an editor platform  

Yeah daVinci doesn’t work either with the 4k 60 xf avc intra I got to find out why maybe I have to shoot in fast mode 

Announcements