cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XF605 how to stream to an RTMP server

doubleJ
Contributor

Hello...
I didn't see any option to stream directly to an RTMP server (like YouTube).
I do see RTSP, so I would assume you have to connect some intermediate service in-between.
Is there no way to do that?
Thanks...
JJ

4 REPLIES 4

jlenihan
Contributor

JJ

I have been requesting that feature from Canon tech line for over 2 years in firmware version 1.0. It is the biggest dissapointment I have with this camera. They claim they submitted my new feature request, but it didn't show up in 1.03. So I decided to use use Livestream Studio as my streaming software and convert rtsp to rtmp. Unfortunately Livestream studio doesn't accept rtsp with passords, only rtsp with no passwords. xf695 only puts out rtsp with passwords. So I am stuck.

Please reach out to canon tech support so at least two of us are requesting the feature.

John

palashdave
Apprentice

Thanks to both of you for this thread.

@jlenihan, how did you stream in the end?

I've been asked to livestream an election-related town hall event in London next week, and wanted to use my XF605. Haven't yet decided on the streaming platform. Wondering what combination of hardware, software, process and platform to use.... I'd be most gratefiul for any tips and ideas.

If you want to use a hardware-based system (possibly for multiple cameras), the Blackmagic ATEM family of switchers are great.

I have the ATEM SDI Extreme and I've used its built-in streaming multiple times.
I believe all but the Mini have built-in streaming.

JJ

jlenihan
Contributor

I use the SDI output. I connect it to magewell sdi to usb adapter into my notebook computer. I have a subscription with Vimeo, so I use their Livestream Studio on my notebook and connect it to the wired internet if possible. If no wired internet, I connect it through my hotspot.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements