cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS C200 How to toggle between frame rates for slow motion

Adtasa
Apprentice

Hi!

So while waiting for the C400 to be released in a while, I’ve got hold of a C200 to meanwhile. I am new to Canon.

Since I’ve always been a Sony shooter (FS7) I’ve always used one of the assignable buttons to toggle between ordinary speed 25fps and slow motion 50 fps in a 25 base.

I’ve been trying now for two hours to figure out how on earth to set an assignable button to switch to a certain setting such as 50 fps in slow motion mode while being in 25 fps base.

This dosen’t seen to be possible, or am I missing something basic here? Every time I’m in 4K mode and press the assignable button to go to slow motion it goes to 100 fps and lowers the resolution to 1080p. Why can’t I tell the camera to only go to 50 fps in slow motion mode since that is the limit in 4K?

How do you shoot let’s say an event in 4K and mix slow motion and ordinary speed quickly on the go without entering the menu and choosing 50FPS as a base, as that seems to be the only way?

As it is now I am forced to be in 1080p if I want to be able to toggle quickly between 25 fps and slow motion mode, and that’s 100 fps which I find to be way too much slow mo. I’d prefer 50 fps if possible.

Since I am to become a C400 owner - is this an issue on that camera aswell? Dosen’t Canon have variable frame rates on their Cinema cameras that can be assigned to a certain assignable button?

Any support would be of great value!

1 REPLY 1

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Adtasa,

On the EOS C200 50 fps is not considered slow motion, so that frame rate is not selectable in that mode. The slow motion frame rate available depends on the main frame rate the camera is set to. When the camera is set to either 25P or 50P the slow motion frame rate is 100P. 

Also on the EOS C200 the only resolution available for slow motion is 1920x1080. There isn't a way to record slow motion at a different resolution on that camera.

If you would like to view information on slow motion for that camera it is on pages 114-115 of the manual. If you need a copy of the current manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Manuals button and the one to reference is named  EOS C200 EOS C200B Instruction Manual.

For the EOS C400 since that camera hasn't released yet information on what functions it has is more limited. If you would like to see the information currently available for that camera it is listed HERE.

Announcements