cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XA10 beeping issue

moebettter
Apprentice

So recently my XA10 started making a beeping noise when the screen is open.  When I close it, I an look through the veiwfinder and its ok, but the minute I open the screen to change anything or try and view anything it starts doing the startup sound, but doesn't complete it over an over again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello moebettter,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your camcorder. You can try disabling the [Quick Start (Standby)] setting to see if that helps. This can be found in the wrench menu under [Power Saving Mode]. You may want to try resetting the camcorder as well. Press the [Reset] button with a pointed object to reset the camcorder to factory default values. The reset button is found beneath the LCD screen next to the camera/play button.

moebettter
Apprentice

First let me say thank you for the reply.  When I open the screen to try and get to any menus is when the problem occurs and the screen stays blank. Its like its stuck in a perpetual startup mode, but just can't complete the startup.  Is there a way to get to that menu looking through the viewfinder?  Also I have done a reset to factory default hoping that would fix the issue, but it still persists.

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi moebettter,

You won't be able to load the menu in the viewfinder. It might also help to leave the battery and memory cards out of the camera for about 30 minutes or so. Then try doing additional tests.

If problems persist, I suggest that you email us at hdvideo@cits.canon.com with details about your camera, your date of purchase, and the state from where you are sending the camera, and we'll walk you through the repair process.

Announcements