My camcorder suddenly does not recognize external microphones (I have tried using several microphones with several audio cables, all of which worked previously). If I try to record a video with a microphone plugged in, the video does not play any sound. Thanks for your help
Thanks for posting.
From your description, it sounds like your camcorder's Mic. Level setting may have been turned down.
- When the [Camera Mode] is set to [ ] (Auto), or [ ] (Baby) mode this setting cannot be made. Please make the setting in [ ] (Cinema), [ ] (Special Scene), or [ ] (Program AE).
REFERENCETouch [ ] (automatic) to return the camcorder to automatic audio recording levels.
- To display the audio level indicatorUsually, the audio level indicator will be displayed only after activating the manual adjustment of the audio recording level. You can choose to display it also when the audio level is adjusted automatically.1.Touch [ ].2. Touch [Audio Level Indicator].3.Touch [ ].
- When you are using a microphone connected to the MIC terminal, including the WM-V1 Wireless Microphone, the audio level indicator will be displayed automatically.
- When the audio level meter reaches the red point (0 dB), the sound may be distorted.
- We recommend using headphones to check the sound level while adjusting the audio recording level.
I have had this exact same issue; though I do not know if my mic imput ever worked as I just started trying to use it. I have tested multiple microphones and none of them work. I tried adjusting the level before I ever came across this post so that is not a solution.
(edit. It shows all the microphones as connected as the level meter shows up when I plug them in. They also work on other devices.)
We are sorry to hear that this has occured. There is an updated version of the firmware posted on the web site. We recommend updating at your earliest convenience.
Please Click Here for the VIXIA support page.