cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C70 XLR INPUT flimsy

jxh5760
Contributor

Hello, 

I was driving with my camera in the trunk and XLR cable still attached. Had an emergency brake, and after I got out, the camera is on its side with the XLR cable supporting the weight (2.577kg/5.681lb). I found the XLR INPUT 1 is a bit flimsy. 

In terms of wiggle, it feels it has just a tad more movement than INPUT 2,  which feels very sturdy. 

but the port rotates! The inside of INPUT 1 actually rotates a bit up and a bit down. 
it still works.

can this happen with just normal wear and tear?can I fix this myself instead of sending it to service? 

should I be concerned? 
thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

From the sounds of it I don't think the necessary steps to secure the input again fall within the scope of at-home repair, especially if it is rotating because of something broken inside the housing rather than it being out of track. Without knowing the internal condition it would be hard to say if the input will remain dependable into the future as-is or if this will cause other problems later if left unresolved, so the calculation I would make is if you know for sure that you will need to use both inputs frequently then service may be a good idea sooner rather than later. If you use one input most of the time and can quickly switch to input 2 if input 1 fails then you may feel safer working with the camera as-is for now.

Announcements