cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C300 mkiii - Color Bars

tlabella
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm a long time C300 MkII and now MkIII owner - on the Mark III I am having issues being able to generate Color bars. I've tried Mon out, SDI out, and assigned Color bars to different buttons but for some reason I'm unable to get them to show the bars. 

Anybody else having this issue or successfully able to use Color Bars on their Mark III?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tlabella.

Thanks for checking in with us.

The first thing to check would be the firmware version that lists in the menu. The latest version is 1.0.1.1 and it allows simultaneous output from the Mon. Out and HDMI ports.

You can get that firmware from the link below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/cinema-eos/eos-c300-mark-i...

If problems persist, please elaborate on the accessories you have connected to the camera, how those devices are connected, and what resolution and color settings you are using.

Hi Nick - thanks for your reply. I am indeed on the most updated firmware.

After attempting it again, I tried activating Color Bars while shooting in Rec709 Wide DR and it worked - but it appears in any Canon Log picture profile, Color Bars doesn't work. Is this something that might be possible to update in a future firmware? I typically am shooting in Canon Log 2.

I am running the LCD that comes with the camera via the Video Terminal out.

Thanks,
Travis

Hi there,

Since the first two versions of the camera were able to do this it would seem that a possible update i the future might be able to make it possible, although it couldnt be determined until a firmware announcement is made.

Announcements