cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C200 footage playback extremely choppy

haymanstudio
Apprentice

Hello!

I'm relatively new to using the C200, and have noticed the 4K footage plays back very stuttery, jumpy, etc, in the codecs offered in-camera. I've used 4k ProRes in the past, out of BlackMagic cameras, and never had any issues playing back the footage, even from an external drive using all kinds of color grading effects.

Proxies may be a work-around, but is this just how the footage is without them? Is there a way to use the ProRes on the C200? What are my options here, as I'm leaning more towards selling the camera and just buying a BlackMagic camera again.

My PC specs:

GPU: Nvidia 1080 Ti

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX 24-Core

RAM: 32 gigs

Thank you!

-Alex.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there Alex,

Yes, generally with those specs it would probably be better to use a proxy file to get around this for the C200 clips. Those .MXF files can take a bit more processing power to playback than a more common format like ProRes. The camera does not shoot ProRes internally but recording to an external recorder or converting prior to beginning your edit would be a way to get those clips into your preferred ProRes format.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there Alex,

Yes, generally with those specs it would probably be better to use a proxy file to get around this for the C200 clips. Those .MXF files can take a bit more processing power to playback than a more common format like ProRes. The camera does not shoot ProRes internally but recording to an external recorder or converting prior to beginning your edit would be a way to get those clips into your preferred ProRes format.

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

Announcements