cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C100 MK2 and Remote Browser - WIFI trouble

gs-dk
Contributor

Hi

I have tried for a long time to make a wifi access point on my C100 MK and control the camera from my IPad - but no luck. I have tried YouTube tutorials - I have followed the user manual and my IPad is able to find the WIFI hotspot vreated from the camera, but I get the message "no internet conection" - have you made this setup work and any suggestions what might be wrong?

Thanks and greetings.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello gs-dk, 

You've set up the bulk of it, but for the sake of ease I have written a set up set up instructions starting from setting up a new Camera Access Point in the menu.   

01. Camera Access Point

02. SSID
   - Canon1 [Can be edited later]

03. Select the wireless connection mode
   - 2.4 GHz

04. Channel 1/11
   - 1ch

05. Select the authentication method
   - Open/ No encryption

06. Select the IP address assignment method
   - Manual

07. IP Address
   - 10.0.0.10 > SET

08. Subnet Mask
   - 0.0.0.0 > SET

09. Default Gateway  

-255.255.255.0 > SET [255 is one click down from 0]

10. The next screen will have you scroll through and confirm the settings, you must press SET on this screen to proceed.

11. Select the network configuration number [1-5]
   - Select 1 [You can input a name or leave it 1]

12. Save the network configuration
   - OK or Cancel, press SET to OK.

13. Check inside the Network Settings> Remote Settings
   - Port should be set to 00080 > SET

14. Confirm or Input camera ID

15. Next, on the camera back out from Network Settings to Other Functions and find Browser Remote. Turn this on to enable control.

16. Next, open the Settings application on your tablet and go into WiFi. Find the camera network, Canon1 and join this network.

17. Next, go into your browser on the tablet- type 10.0.0.10 into the address bar directly and go to it. It should open up Browser Remote on your tablet now.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hi Tim

You DID it! It works....

The missing link was no 13 -

Great support - that's one more reason to be a loyal CANON customer.

All the best.

Greetings

Gert

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Tim
Authority

Hello gs-dk, 

It sounds as though you're connecting the tablet to the camera through the Camera Access Point mode, which allows you to make a WiFi connection between the tablet and the camera, not the internet.  It does not work the same way as a commercially available WiFi hotspot where it transmits data via cellular network.  One does have to set up Browser remote in the camera via the Menu> Other Functions> Network Functions> Remote Settings.  You'd then use the Browser Remote subheading within Other Functions to ready the camera to receive instructions from the remote.  A web browser on your tablet would then be used and you'd enter in the URL of the camera which was set up prior in Remote Settings which would then allow you to connect directly to the camera.     

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks a lot for your answer which points in a new direction - I am confused by one thing though. 

When I go into “Remote settings” I get the option to set 5 ports - by default they are 1 2 3 4 5 - how do I do here, I guess this is important? Hopefully this is the missing link. 

Once again - thanks a lot. 

Hello gs-dk, 

I'm glad that we could help.  Each network configuration profile is stored under a configuration profile numbered 1-5, which is what I think you are seeing now.  You can rename it to a more familiar name if you wish.   

The port number (http protocol) used by Browser Remote is usually set to port 80, but this can be changed if necessary.    

Hi again

I trouble you a bit more and thanks for your response so far. Unfortunately still no luck to connect IPad/IPhone to camera.....

This is what I do:

1. Menu - other functions - Network settings - Connection Settings - Set Up New - Camera Access Point - Input - ABCD - OK - 1 ch - WPA2-PSK/AES - Input - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 - OK - Manual - 192.168.0.80 - Subnet Mask 0 0 0 0 - Default Gateway 0 0 0 0 - Select the network configuration number - 1 - OK - Save Network Configuration.

2. Browser Remote "on"

Now my phone can see the network from the camera - I select it, but I get the message "no internetconnection" - the sign for wifi is greyed out.

So are you able to see where I go wrong here? Is it "Remote Settings" - And if yes - how do I configure the ports. I have 5 of them and the fiirst goes to the number from 0-6 - the rest from 0-9.

Hope this is clear - I have done my best to explain:)

Thanks again - I have seen this work on YouTube, but for - so far no luck.

Greetings

Hello gs-dk, 

You've set up the bulk of it, but for the sake of ease I have written a set up set up instructions starting from setting up a new Camera Access Point in the menu.   

01. Camera Access Point

02. SSID
   - Canon1 [Can be edited later]

03. Select the wireless connection mode
   - 2.4 GHz

04. Channel 1/11
   - 1ch

05. Select the authentication method
   - Open/ No encryption

06. Select the IP address assignment method
   - Manual

07. IP Address
   - 10.0.0.10 > SET

08. Subnet Mask
   - 0.0.0.0 > SET

09. Default Gateway  

-255.255.255.0 > SET [255 is one click down from 0]

10. The next screen will have you scroll through and confirm the settings, you must press SET on this screen to proceed.

11. Select the network configuration number [1-5]
   - Select 1 [You can input a name or leave it 1]

12. Save the network configuration
   - OK or Cancel, press SET to OK.

14. Confirm or Input camera ID

15. Next, on the camera back out from Network Settings to Other Functions and find Browser Remote. Turn this on to enable control.

16. Next, open the Settings application on your tablet and go into WiFi. Find the camera network, Canon1 and join this network.

17. Next, go into your browser on the tablet- type 10.0.0.10 into the address bar directly and go to it. It should open up Browser Remote on your tablet now.

Thanks a lot - 

I have tried now - and I have the feeling I am very close to the solution.

You write 

09. Default Gateway
   -255.255.255 > SET [255 is on click down from 0] -

Is it only three times 255 and then 0?

Then you write

Next, open the Settings application on your tablet and go into WiFi. Find the camera network, Canon1 and join the same network.

Next, on the camera back out from Network Settings to Other Functions and find Browser Remote. Turn this on to enable control.

If I do this order the camera network, Canon1 doesn't show up - I have to enable browser remote first. Is that correct?

If I enable "browser remote" I get conected and my tablet and camera stay connected - but the last little issue - the connection fails. I have tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox and I get the message - can't open page because there is no connection to server.

So close - and still with hope. Do you have the patience to make this happen - I think others would benefot from the solution as well.

Thanks and greetings

Gert

Hello gs-dk, 

It looks as though I left off a 0 and I apologize for that.  Please see my edited post above, I have corrected the default gateway information and corrected the order of steps and added a few things to check too. 

I believe the cause of the issue now is that missing 0, so Default Gateway should be 255.255.255.0 > SET.  

And again, please do refer to the edited post above as well. 

Hi Tim

You DID it! It works....

The missing link was no 13 -

Great support - that's one more reason to be a loyal CANON customer.

All the best.

Greetings

Gert

I am having the same challenge. I have followed these instructions exactly and when I go into the browser to connect it says, A User is already accessing the server try again later.

Thoughts?

Announcements