cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XF605 Browser Remote on a Windows tablet - no slow zoom

NickMDal
Enthusiast

Hi.  After quite a bit of work, a MS Surface is running the browser remote webpage.

It looks good except the most important feature - to avoid camera shake while zooming under magnification.  Slow zoom has these < >.  They work on Android Firefox nicely but the screen is too small.

In both Chrome and Firefox on the tablet, the buttons do nothing.  It looks like the problem is that these browsers have other functions for long-press.  This also disables the manual zoom function.

Any workaround?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello NickMDal,

That is quite odd. We do not have a workaround for that unfortunately. 

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello NickMDal,

The only thing that really comes to mind is the lock at the top right corner of the Browser Remote screen which would lock all features, however. Unless you have nothing responding to touch, then that does not fit. I can only suggest trying a different tablet if possible.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

*Also try setting a higher zoom ratio on the browser like 200% or so.

I think Canon was debuting a new release of the cinema line controller app at NAB this week.  Let me try and find more info about it for you.  

It's called Canon Multi Camera Control.  It was released in 12/2023, but the interview I saw said it was recently updated.  They were showcasing it in one of the cinema booths.  Not sure if the new version is available yet.  The XF605 is supported.  Currently it's only available on iOS.  My R5 C is not supported so you'll have to check it out and let us know

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello NickMDal,

Have you tried the MS Edge browser? You could try that. 

NickMDal
Enthusiast

Thanks but same with Edge.  I just tried.  That make the app unusable other than with a manually preset zoom and or touch autofocus.  Guessing this explains the complete absence of tutorials using a tablet as it is not possible.

Jim Schofield's tutorial of 6 years ago shows a cell phone only.  He says tablet, but does not demo it.

Announcements