cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem running on-screen user guide

kwinkeler
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an issue with the on-screen user guide for my pixma pro-100 printer.  I have two different computers on which I've installed the software from the CD.  The software was first installed on a computer running Windows XP SP3, and then I installed it on a computer running Windows 8.  My issue is that, for reasons I can't figure out, the on-screen user manual viewer that's loaded on my Windows 8 machine is a version that's compatible with XP SP3 and therefore won't run properly.  I've tried reinstalling the user guide on the W8 machine from both the CD and from Canon's site, but the XP SP3-compatible version keeps installing; I can't seem to override this with a version that's compatible with W8. Robot Mad

Can someone please help me figure out what I need to do to be able to access the user guide on my W8 machine?

Thanks, Kim

6 REPLIES 6

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi kwinkeler,

First you will want to uninstall the existing manual.  To do so, use the following steps:

1.  Put your mouse in the top right corner and click Settings.

2.  Click Control Panel.

3.  Click Programs.

4.  Highlight the Pro-100 user guide and click Uninstall.  Follow the on screen stepts to uninstall the software.

Once this is done, try using the downloaded manual from our website once again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That solved the problem--thanks Karl!

And thank you for the step-by-step uninstall instructions.  In some ways, moving from XP to Windows 8 has been more challenging than I expected  Smiley Frustrated

I'm having similar issues with the on-line PRO-100 guide.  I see all of the contents(files) of the PRO-100SERIES.EGP on my computer.  But, the Easy Guid Viewer doesn't work.  It seems the viewer software is now obsolete with Mac OS 10.15.x.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

Just a bit more information.  I have the same problem with the Pixma MG8120 and TR4520 manuals.

thanks,

Bob

Hi bobfahren,

The manual for your PIXMA PRO-100 can be viewed online.  Please use the appropriate link below:

(for Windows)  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/PRO-100S%20series/EN/CNT/Top.html

(for Mac OSX)  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/PRO-100S%20series/EN/CNT/Top.html

The PIXMA TR4520 manual (Windows and Mac) can be viewed here:  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TR4500%20series/EN/CNT/Top.html

The PIXMA MG8120 manual is not available in webpage format.  It would have to be installed on your computer.  What version of Windows (or OSX) is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

Many thanks for the assist!  The PRO-100 and TR4520 online manuals are working great. 

I've been running Mac OS X 10.15.2/Catalina for several weeks.  The MG8120 printer stopped working on my MacBook Air after I'd set up the PRO-100 just a few days ago.   My wife's laptop is still at 10.14 and the MG8120 still works for her.  I mentioned this in a separate post.  I've had it for many years so I really don't need a manual at this point.  

Having just purchased a few ink cartridges for the MG8120, I exchanged them for the TR4520 for document priniting. 

Thanks again,

Bob

Announcements