cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pro9000MarkII driver question

terry1121
Contributor

I use Adobe Lightroom to print photos. My photos do not print the size that I choose in the Lightroom print module. They are either a little bigger or a little smaller. I need exact sizes. I am being told by several people on Lightroom forums that the print driver is the culprint. Everything in Lightroom is correct regarding sizing, aspect ratios, margins, paper size, scaling, etc. I really need to fix this. I did not download and install the latest driver because, based on dating, I should have the latest one. 

Is this a driver issue and, if so, how do I reinstall the driver? Regardless, I still want to reinstall the driver just for my own peace of mind. I'm not sure just downloading it and clicking install will actually overwrite the existing file or change how the printer interprets the output. I need a "clean' install if there is such a thing. Do I uninstall completely (how?) and reinstall? 

Thanks so much for your help. 

Terry

Pro9000MarkII

iMAC OS X

Lightroom 6

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you have the latest driver from Canon than it is not the driver.  You could have a corrupted driver and a re-install might help.

Make sure you delete the old one completely first.  But I am going to disagree with the folks that told you LR is not the culprit.  It is.  You don't have ALL the settings right.

Most people forget the button on the left bottom of the print page in LR.  That must be set-up first before you set anything else.

It takes you to the basic printer settings which also must be set right.  After that is done sorrectly, you can adjust the right side of LR.

LR is probably doing exactly what you are telling it to.  You are just not telling it what you really want.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I learned I did not have the latest driver. I removed the previous driver and installed the new one. I did a test by printing a 3 x 5 onto 4 x 6 paper. I used the same picture as the larger print. It came out perfect. I thought my problem was solved. Not so. I printed my 10 x 15 and got the same size I did before...9 3/4 x 14 5/8. That may be a clue to the cause of the problem but I sure don't know what that is.

I sure would like to know what settings I don't have right. I've been printing thorugh LR since LR1. I always start with the Page Setup button. LR is not doing exactly what I am telling it to do. that's the frustration because it used to. Other than saying that's the problem (it seems contradictory since the 3 x 5 print was perfect and nothing changed other than the paper size) what should the settings be?  

Terry 

Terry,

You don't know how many times I have heard the same complaint.   Even from experienced Lightroom users. There is something set wrong In LR.  Not being there and/or seeing your set-up I can't tell you what it is.  But you do have a setting wrong.

Here is my set-up for a 8x10. It pritns a full 8x10 but I could put any smaller size in and it would print that exactly.

See if you notice something.

11.jpg

Page set up on the left first.  Set this correctly.  If you don't do this nothing else will work right.

22.jpg

Select your size, smaller than the size of the template and the printer setting.  As you can see this is going to print a full 8x10.  But it could be any other smaller size.

EB

Say you want a 5x7?

33.jpg

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements