cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pro 9500 Mk 2 front flap will not lower fully. Any ideas how to rectify the problem

andyw
Contributor

Pro 9500 mark 2

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you sure it is in fully up or fully lowered position? I don't mean pivoted open or closed, but raised or lowereed for front or normal feed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The flap is in its normal resting ( lowered) position so is flush with the rest of the surrounding printer body. In order to use the front feed you would have to raise the flap upwards until it clicks into an horizontal position.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I'm not understanding the problem. Sorry I can't help.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for your input. Sorry but I am not explaining this clearly. The following pictures will show you what has happened. Since your last post we have been 'fiddling ' with the flap and have managed to get it down to the horizontal. There is plainly something wrong with the mechanism as normally it is smooth and quiet whereas as now it needs a bit of persuading which causes some creaking of plastic against plastic!Default position.jpgpartially open.jpgFully open in horizontal position.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Try unplugging printer from the walk and wait 30 seconds. Plug back in and push ON button. That may reset the mechanism.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Have tried unplugging and waiting for 30 seconds but no difference. I think the problem must be mechanical and perhaps some part of the opening mechanism has been dislodged or broken. However all is not lost - the printer is still operable and functions much the same as before. Thanks for your help. I see you live in a very pleasant part of NH. We were there a couple of years ago and if I remember rightly had the best breakfast ever in the states!

Glad you are operable. As long as you don't want 13x19 printer should serve you well.

If you were close to the Conway area maybe you had breakfast at Peaches? It has napkins under glass that people rite things on.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That's the one. Thanks
Announcements