cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-100 GETTING SUPPORT CODE 5400

view3dtv
Apprentice

Have printed a whole 5 photos last year when got printer. now project is a go . fire up printer get support code 5400. printer making banging noises. print head not coming to center when i open printer for access.

no paper etc is in the printer.

cant believe its dead after 5 prints.

caling tech support monday, hopefully we will get instant action.

put canon slr purchase on hold till we see how this is handled.

5 REPLIES 5

tommcana
Contributor

It's working or not?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

5400/P06 - Orange and green light blinking 6 times

Description:

A service error has occurred.

Resolution:

1. Turn off the printer.
  2. Disconnect the power cable.
  3. Open the printer cover.
  4. Check for any orange protective tape or white polystyrene and remove if necessary.
  5. Check that there are no foreign objects in the printer (such as a paper clip) and remove if necessary.
  6. Close the cover.
  7. Reconnect and turn on.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman> thanks for the reply but already checked and still no go, remember also I had already printed some photos..

Sorry i can't be of more help. I know you said you printed a while ago; not knowing how printer is situated figured perhaps something might have fallen into it.

I have found the Canon telephone help line a great resource.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Talked to support they determined circuit board is blown. Wow after only 5 printouts!

Canon wont honor the warranty because it was bought from an ebay seller. Doesnt matter it was new and sealed. Be interesting to see what squaretrade will do next.

I've now taken Canon OFF our approved purchase list company wide. Will recommend same to our clients.

Looks like for cameras its Nikon, Panasonic, and Sony etc.. for now on... Printers and other products will be purchased from other vendors from now on. I'm curious about the new epson printers that come with bottles of ink...

i've also noticed lots of comments online with people having various issues with this printer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements