cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing sample print pattern to manage color

Jngraham
Contributor

I am trying to print sample print patterns so i can adjust color. My pixma pro 100 color not right, reds look brown, skin looks gray.  When i follow instructions from printer manual to print sample pattern nothing happens when i click ok. No sample print pattern image is in my printer queue.  I am on windows 10.   Also, new topic, I can print wirelessly from my pictures on my desktop but if i try to print via print module in LR cc it won't work unless i have usb cable connected.  Any help? Thank you.   I have calibrated my monitor with xrite i1 pro

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

indigoimagelab
Contributor

Are you printing from Photoshop? Illustrator? Lightroom? If your colors are way off, it sounds like you're double-color correcting, which happens when you set the Adobe app to manage color, and then you set the print driver to manage color, too. What has worked for me is to, for example in Photoshop, in the Print Settings dialog box, under "Color Management" then "Color handling," set "Photoshop Manages colors", and then be sure to select the correct printer profile in the dropdown under that. Then go into the Canon driver by clicking "Print Settings", and then under "Color Settings", then  the "Matching" tab, be sure you've selected "off".

You have to either have Photoshop/Illustrator/whatever manage color and tell the printer driver to NOT manage color, or the other way around: set the app to NOT manage color and then set it in the driver.

Regarding wireless, is it possible you have the printer installed twice, with the first install as wifi and the second one as USB?

---
Neil
Indigo Image Lab, Inc.

View solution in original post

Thank you to those who responded to my questions. I called Canon customer support this evening. William from Canon screen shared my computer. He found out the  reason I could not print wirelessly from LR was in spite of having the correct printer selected as the default printer in my device manager, I still had to pick the right printer in the print module in LR.  So that was dumb on my part, I overlooked that.  William also installed the print studio pro software plug in for me. Prints came out great via LR and print studio pro. I can not print from my windows (10) photo viewer on my desktop however, it changes the color so I will just print either from LR or print studio pro. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

indigoimagelab
Contributor

Are you printing from Photoshop? Illustrator? Lightroom? If your colors are way off, it sounds like you're double-color correcting, which happens when you set the Adobe app to manage color, and then you set the print driver to manage color, too. What has worked for me is to, for example in Photoshop, in the Print Settings dialog box, under "Color Management" then "Color handling," set "Photoshop Manages colors", and then be sure to select the correct printer profile in the dropdown under that. Then go into the Canon driver by clicking "Print Settings", and then under "Color Settings", then  the "Matching" tab, be sure you've selected "off".

You have to either have Photoshop/Illustrator/whatever manage color and tell the printer driver to NOT manage color, or the other way around: set the app to NOT manage color and then set it in the driver.

Regarding wireless, is it possible you have the printer installed twice, with the first install as wifi and the second one as USB?

---
Neil
Indigo Image Lab, Inc.

with regard to not being able to print via LR. I did have it installed twice, wireless and usb. In spite of having wireless selected as default printer in device manager on my computer, I still had to select the correct printer via the LR print module. Thank you

Jngraham
Contributor
Thank you. I figured out how to print sample pattern via lightroom. The colors are close in the middle picture with no adjustment so i think monitor is good. When i print outside of lightroom the color is wrong. I do have it set to driver not both so i am still stuck on that as well as printing wireless from LR

Can you post a screenshot of the printer settings for the software you say isn’t printing correctly?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you to those who responded to my questions. I called Canon customer support this evening. William from Canon screen shared my computer. He found out the  reason I could not print wirelessly from LR was in spite of having the correct printer selected as the default printer in my device manager, I still had to pick the right printer in the print module in LR.  So that was dumb on my part, I overlooked that.  William also installed the print studio pro software plug in for me. Prints came out great via LR and print studio pro. I can not print from my windows (10) photo viewer on my desktop however, it changes the color so I will just print either from LR or print studio pro. 

Hi Jngraham,

I agree with jrhoffman75, a screenshot of the printer settings from the software would be helpful in narrowing down this issue.

We look forward to your reply.  

Announcements