cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Trouble Using Rear Tray

AndreiA
Apprentice

Hello

This is a new issue. When paper is loaded through the top tray, it registers correctly. When using the rear tray, as soon as the “register” option is OK’d, the display defaults to what was last loaded in the top tray. In essence, the rear tray has become unusable. Say I load an A3+ paper. The printer generates an error, saying there is a paper jam. Obviously that is not the case. What happens is that the A3+ from the rear tray is fed right through without printing and then is left “hanging” on the last 1” of its length.
I am using Windows 10. 

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please click HERE for steps to clean the rollers in your printer. If you still get false paper jam errors and the paper wont feed correctly, the printer will require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your suggestions. Sadly, the printer was purchased a little over 2 years ago, so it is no longer covered by the warranty. I did clean the rollers- however, the paper loaded in the rear tray fails to register- the display reverts immediately to what was last registered for the top tray. So something is wrong even before the paper is fed. Using Lightroom to print, the Canon interface window generates an error without code, asking the user to check the display on the printer, the manual, etc.
This is most disappointing as the machine provided excellent results in the beginning. And it has seen light use- over 2 years I must have used the rear tray to feed less than 100 letter size sheets and less than 50 A3+.

Announcements