cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Prints Have Strong Magenta Cast

Fernando1
Apprentice

Hi

I wonder if you could help, I have a Mac studio M1and have been trying to print my images all day but with no luck, first using photoshop but I get a strong magenta cast, I guess I'm double colour profiling but can't work out how to stop it in Photoshop 2023, the dialog box for print settings doesn't give me any options.

The I thought I'll try using the PP&L software but I get an error in the dialog box and no communication between printer and computer appears to happen.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 15.19.37.png

Following the thread I checked in the Printers & Scanners tab to see if the printer was selected which I knew it would since photoshop connects to the printer but unlike the other people in here my driver version says 3.0

Hope this all makes sense and someone can help.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If your driver says 3.0 it is the Apple AirPrint driver.

Go here: Canon Support for imagePROGRAF PRO-300 | Canon U.S.A., Inc. and download the CUPS driver.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 110345.jpg

After you download install the driver and then go to Printers & Scanners. Add the printer, waiting for the IJ Series to appear.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

frodrig
Apprentice

Hi Fernando! Did you manage to solve the problem? I have the same printer and I've tried lot of times a solution from the last, almost, two months without luck. All started to go bad after more than a year of good work. I've replaced cartridges and double checked all solutions (no air print drivers, no color management) without luck. I have problems with the software from Canon but also with the MIRAGE software that doesn't use drivers (I talked with the people of Mirage) so I'm really lost with this.

The amazing thing is this: if I print from my iPhone using the canon app it seems to print all well, the problem only comes from printing using my computer (a Mac with Ventura 13.2).

Any clue or other users with similar problems are more than welcome.

Fer.

Announcements