cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Drivers for macOS Monterey

ingineering
Apprentice

I just bought a imagePROGRAF PRO-300 to use with my M1 iMac running Monterey. The advanced settings (Quality and Media, Color options, etc.) don't show up in the Print dialog. I installed a printer driver from the Canon site, but that made no difference. The driver download page doesn't list Monterey in the OS versions list. Does this printer actually work properly with Monterey? If so what do I need to do? 

12 REPLIES 12

pjglad
Enthusiast

Select MacOS 12 from dropdown list

There is no MacOS 12 option in the dropdown. In the driver details description though it does say that Monterey is supported. I had to install the driver twice to get it to take but it's working now. 

pjglad
Enthusiast

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 7.11.13 AM.png

I downloaded the driver and installed on both macOS12 and macOS13 on my Apple M1 Macbook Pro but it does not work. Any troubleshooting tips?

* I upgraded to macOS13 hoping that might fix something, but it didn't.

ingineering
Apprentice

Strange. When I downloaded the driver nothing newer than Catalina appeared in the dropdown. In any case, the latest version of the driver works for Monterey on an M1 Mac.

Depending on your screen size you might have to scroll up in order to reveal the entire dropdown.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When dealing with Apple and Canon printers frequently the first driver version that appears when the Add Printer option is selected is the Apple AirPrint driver. It is a simple, limited capability driver and doesn't support things like media types and ICC profiles. Need to wait till the IJ Series driver appears (*assuming the appropriate Canon driver was downloaded and installed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 7.44.08 PM.png

It is supposed to appear in this window? Or are you referring to Canon's website?

Announcements