cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon pixma pro problem

lacyE
Contributor

Hello,

I really don't know much about printers but I have a pixma pro 100 bought new in October, it has started printing a thick line down the side of varying colours, I am an artist and use it for art prints, and i am really confused. I have turned it on and off and unplugged it and plugged it back in, still printing the line. Its the original ink so its not from bad ink. 

Help Please its time sensitive I run my business with it. 

Thanks 30118240_10155991916095781_67738962_n (1).jpg

14 REPLIES 14

lacyE
Contributor
Oh I have I have called them multiple times. They make me jump through a bunch of hoops waste a bunch of expensive photo paper and ink, then it will fluke once into making a proper print and they say they fixed it. Next time I print it's a mess again. They will not replace it and my business has basically been run to the ground I need to refund people for products I have committed to and can't take any orers. I am unbelievably upset at this giant waste of money on product and ink and the lack of responsibility canon is taking.

lacyE
Contributor
So after multiple phone calls with canon, lots of wasted ink and paper, I figured out the issue on my own. Gotta say not impressed the canon did not know how to solve this issue.
I took to YouTube and google and spent sooo many hours trying to fix it.

While canon claims they print borderless, and they do, they are only able to print borderless in their pre registered sizes with the printer, you cannot print borderless on a custom size. I often print borderless and that why I was running into this issue. The ink heads do line up with custom borderless printing, that is why it was creating the awful lines.

You have to print the image in the size you want on a pre registered size and then cut it down to size.

Just wanted to post the solution in case someone else ran across this issue

I don’t work for Canon and I’m not going to defend the help you received/didn’t receive, because I don’t know what information you provided to Canon.

If you had explained in your first posting that you were trying to print borderless custom sizes I would have immediately directed you to the Canon Online printer manual and this link: http://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips/how-to-print-11x14-borderless-canon-inkjet-printer.ht...

Basically you can’t do what you want because the borderless overspray collectors only line up with Canon standard paper sizes. 

If if you don’t have the Online Manual on your printer ( I’m pretty sure it gets installed with the printer) you can download it from the Canon site. It’s an excellent searchable resource. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

lacyE
Contributor
Yes for sure, I wish the tech I talked to and absolutely confirmed with that I was printing borderless custom sizes with him had given me that advice.

Then I hope the Moderators see this and pass it on. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements