cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am1x files not loading to Pro-1000 on printer menu

johnoconnell
Apprentice

Hi! I just purchased an Imageprograf pro-1000 and have been trying to load am1x files to it using the Media Configuration Tool.  All of the tools in the wizard work correctly and say that it has been successful.  The paper option is added to my printer driver (I can see the paper in the list when I try to print) and the paper shows up on the list in Media Configuration Tool.  I'm only at 9 loaded media types.  But when I go to my printer menu to select the media type, it doesn't show up.  Only the factory-loaded media options show up.  I've tried several times, tried restarting the printer, tried deleting everything that can be deleted from the MCT list and starting over.  Still no luck.  Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of Windows or MacOS you are running. 

We look forward to your reply. 

dkoretz
Enthusiast

If this thread is still live: happened to me also. I installed the am1x file for a Canson paper. PRograf pro 1000, windows 11. The media configuration software shows it properly installed under "custom". However, the windows print dialog does not have a "custom" option for media type, so I can't use it. The instructions in the manual say "Update the printer driver media information", but that dialog didn't appear when I installed the am1x file, and I don't know how to bring it up.

jckrauskopf
Apprentice

I have exactly the same problem (MacOS 14.2.1).  My Pro-1000 has the latest firmware.  I can see my custom papers in Various Settings > Paper Related Settings > Advanced Paper Settings but they are not available to choose as a paper type.  Perhaps a more important question: does it even matter.  If I pick the correct paper in the printer driver when I print, do those settings override the paper I choose on the printer?

Announcements