cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the "contacts" at the back of position of rest,& have I damaged them_ i9950

TopiXa
Contributor

Hi,

Well just asking for advice in case anyone knows. Attached should be an image of my i9950.

I had the error code 5300 I think it was (maybe5b00) - anyway I googled it and saw a couple of YouTube videos and saw a couple of vidoes where the user in each case was flipping the little white latch (on the right, outlined in redin the picture). I might have accidentally touched the little standing up thin tiny "contacts" ? (on the left hand side, outlined in green in the picture).

Subsequently, I got the 5 yellow and 1 green light flashing and BJ error report indicating the cartridge head was not recognised.

The day had started off with me just trying to clean the snozzles a bit whislt I awaited the photo cyan and magenta cartridges that I had run out of. I had been able to run a test image subsequently but with printing problems. This was all before the above later errors.

The "contacts" (i do not know what they are) look a bit dirty. Maybe this is normal.

Does anyone have any idea if I can rescue my printer ?

I now have the photo cyan and photo magenta cartridges, but at present do not see the point in putting them in, unless can resolve the BJ, 5 yellow, 1 green flashing error.

I did try the reset procedure of pressing on the resume button and then the power botton then resume botton twice then power botton, but sadly that did nothing.

I would like to squeeze a bit more life out of the printer if I could.

I really would be most grateful for any advice.

5 REPLIES 5

TopiXa
Contributor

20190607_142558_LI.jpg

TopiXa
Contributor

For some reason the image was not included in the post. I have added it in a reply.

Tiffany

Hi TopiXa,

Welcome to The Canon Forum! 
We really appreciate your participation, however this appears to be a printer model not suported within the US. The Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

OK, thank you.

The link takes me to Canon global and I can select Canon Europe but it does not link me to any EU Canon community group, only to Canon.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements