cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Canon Pro 9000 Mark II to run on Catalina

swg1619
Enthusiast

Hi!  I would like to know if there are updated drivers for the Canon Pro 9000 Mark II to run on the Mac OS Catalina?  If not, can  we be expecting one soon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

swg1619
Enthusiast
Maybe a little late with this response but nevertheless, I have printed and everything was perfect. Had to use Canon paper because I couldn't add Red River profile but it came out perfectly.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 10.22.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 10.21.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 10.32.37 AM.png

Paper preferences come up for me in the program I'm using, Luminar.

Thats great. Thank you. May be hope for Catalina users at least for that printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I actually found out after I posted it on Craigslist to sell it!  Potential buyer told me about it.  It was really nice of him to do that because he really wanted the printer, I "assume!"

Hello -

I've been reading the thread as I have the Canon Pixma Pro9000.

When I connect via USB and try to add the printer on my Mac (Catalina), I cannot proceed as it asks for a driver or software, for which there is none according to the Canon website.

Do you know of a work around?

Many thanks for the expertise!

D

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

No drivers for this printer since High Sierra 10.13.

Since drivers were not released for Mojave, I doubt you are going to see Catalina drivers for this device. 

*Edit, if there is native support, then you lucked out.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
One final question. Did you try printing?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

swg1619
Enthusiast
Not yet. I'm out of a couple of inks, as one of my screenshots show, but I'm pretty sure that it won't be a problem. I tried a test page and it did go through but because I don't have all the ink, I couldn't complete it.
Announcements