cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Canon Pro 9000 Mark II to run on Catalina

swg1619
Enthusiast

Hi!  I would like to know if there are updated drivers for the Canon Pro 9000 Mark II to run on the Mac OS Catalina?  If not, can  we be expecting one soon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

swg1619
Enthusiast
Maybe a little late with this response but nevertheless, I have printed and everything was perfect. Had to use Canon paper because I couldn't add Red River profile but it came out perfectly.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

Shoot - the printer doesn't show up as an option in Photos or Lightroom.  It only shows up on the list to ADD a printer and then I'm back to square one because it won't let me add without a driver or software.  Am I SOL at this point?

swg1619
Enthusiast
The printer is on and when you try to print a photo it doesn't show? I'm thinking. Was the printer on your computer before you updated to Catalina? I'm not sure if that's the problem but I'm thinking out loud

I'm SO appreciating your processing on this! 

Printer is on. It's showing up in the "add" printer list.  This is the first time using this printer with this computer.

swg1619
Enthusiast
No problem! Mine shows there too. When you go to Preferences is the printer listed as a printer?

It doesn't show up on the printer list, only on the add printer list.

swg1619
Enthusiast
Hmmmmmm. Now I'm wandering if I had the printer software loaded before the update to Catalina?? I don't think so. Do you have the disc? If not, what happens if you try to load the driver from online?

Canon website says no driver available for Catalina and I don't have a disk.

swg1619
Enthusiast
I think you need to go back on the OS.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/revert-to-a-previous-macos-version-mh15216/mac

Did you have the Mac before upgrading?

Yes - same Mac.  Not sure it's worth it to go back.

swg1619
Enthusiast
You want to go back to Mohave
Announcements