cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party ICC profiles not appearing when using ColorSync with PRO-1000

Brendan10
Apprentice

Hello.
I have been trying to install and use the icc profile for Hahnemuhle FineArt Baryta 325g but it does not appear in the list of available profiles when I have the printer controlling the color and using the ColorSync option. I have down loaded other profiles for Bamboo, Hemp and William Turner to see if there was a bigger issue. Bamboo and WTurner are available but neither the Baryta nor the Hemp are visible in the list. Also note, that when I select that Photoshop control the color all 4 of the profiles are available.

I have a Canon PRO-1000 with the most recent driver (version 22.22.0.0) and using Mac OS Big Sur version 11.6.2.

Can you please help me resolve this issue, thanks

Brendan

Using the driverUsing the driverScreen Shot 2022-03-15 at 15.05.09.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is an ICC profile problem with Big Sur newer than 11.6.1.

Updating to Monterey will resolve the problem, as will downgrading to 11.6.1 (but that is easier said than done).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is an ICC profile problem with Big Sur newer than 11.6.1.

Updating to Monterey will resolve the problem, as will downgrading to 11.6.1 (but that is easier said than done).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John

I upgraded the OS to Monterey overnight and I check this morning- The solution you suggested has worked so thank you very much for that tip!!

All the best, Brendan. (Mexico City)

Vladimir,

Thanks for the suggestion, I did not know that you could install the icc in this way, to date I just used copy/paste. I will use this in the future as I try other paper profiles. Thanks for replying, its greatly appreciated.

All the best, Brendan

maucamo
Enthusiast

The issue in Big Sur is present in Monterey again. Some profiles version 4.3 are not show in Apple ColorSync and are invisible in some applications. Open a ticket with apple.

Thanks Maucamo

If I see this issue in Big Sur I will check with apple and open a ticket.

Brendan

Announcements