cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup & Calibration of a Pixma Pro 10 Printer + Lightroom CC + Windows 10 Laptop (Yoga 900)

hmccrear
Apprentice

Hello everyone!  I recently purchased a Pixma Pro 10 and am trying to go thru the learning curve to simply get what I print to match what I see in Lightroom. Here's what I've accomplished so far:

•  I've got the printer working and can print from Lightroom and the Canon Print Studio Pro Plugin for Lightroom.
  •  I believe I've installed the printer driver correctly and am using the Canon Pro-10 XPS print driver.  
  • Turned off the printers color management functions (Color Correction set to None)
  • Learned to select the right ICC profile for the Canon Paper I'm using in both Lightroom and the Print Driver

So far the prints are darker than they should be.  I'm not a color expert, but a side by side compare of the print & what I see on the screen aren't close enough to make me happy.

Can someone provide some step by step directions or point me in the right direction?   I'm a serious hobby photographer and not a professional....

Many thanks,

Joanne

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Download the test image from this website and print as directed. Do not adjust the image regardless of how it looks in Lightroom.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements