cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro9000 Mark ll - use with Mac Big Sur v11.4

jennykiehn
Apprentice

Hi,  I'm trying to connect my Canon Pro9000 Mark ll with my new iMac which uses Big Sur v11.4.  There wasn't a printer driver for my operating system on the Canon website, so I downloaded the most recent printer driver for Mac and had a go to see if that would work.  The printer is set up, has a print dialog bog, will display it's print qeue and will print a test sheet.  The inks have been recently replaced.  However, I can't get it to print an image from Photoshop or a document from Pages.  

I really love this printer and really want to get it set up on my new iMac.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in Advance!

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

welcome to the forum.

Which driver did you install?

If you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners what info is being displayed for yolur printer? Can you post a screenshot?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi! Thank you, I'm very glad to be in the forum.  I installed Printer Driver Pro9000ll series_162000.  It's the one for Mac OS High Sierra v10.13.  It appears to be installed.  I can check the supply levels for ink for most of the colors via the print utility function on the Mac.  It will also print a test page, but when I try to print a document or image it goes into the print queu, hangs there for a few minutes and then disappears.  I can't seem to get it to print.Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 12.00.56 PM.png

Hi,

The Pro-9000 Mark II was retired in 2017 and is not compatible with Mac OS Big Sur. Since the printer is not compatible with your operating system, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements