cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro10 flooding ink

allanwalls
Apprentice

Hi,

I have had my new Pro10 for a couple of weeks. I am still on the original set of cartridges. I am printing to 13x19 Pro Luster paper. Most of the prints look great. Several times, though, instead of printing the image sent from my MacBook Pro the printer just floods the paper with ink. I have attached a sample. It will go back to printing normally but it must be wasting a ton of ink every time this happens.

I print directly from Lightroom's print module.

Any ideas? If I don't get this sorted out I need to return it to the store before my 30 days is up.

Appreciate any feedback.IMG_9368.JPG 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That looks like you are printing on the wrong side of the paper. This is not an uncommon problem with this paper. To confirm print side wet a finger tip and touch corner of paper. Print side will be tacky to touch. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That looks like you are printing on the wrong side of the paper. This is not an uncommon problem with this paper. To confirm print side wet a finger tip and touch corner of paper. Print side will be tacky to touch. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for the prompt reply.

You are absolutely correct. And I am absolutely mortified!

Thanks again and have a great day!

Glad to help. You are not the first and you won't be the lastSmiley Happy

That "paper" is not really paper. It is a plastic with a coating, so nothing gets absorbed if its on the wrong side - and there is no Canon logo like some papers.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I did the exact same thing with my very first print on my pro 10.  It looks like a pretty cool water color! 🙂

Announcements