cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-4000 colors way off after updating OSX/Photoshop

RMarshall
Apprentice

When I print from Photoshop using a custom icc profile (supplied by the vendor) the image is coming out incredibly dull and desaturated. (OSX 12.12, Photoshop CC)

I dont always print from Photoshop so I can't pinpoint exactly when this started happening, but when I do I always use the same process – and have for years – without issue. 
(convert file to adobe rgb, let photoshop manage colors, choose the correct icm profile, relative colorimetric with bpc, etc)

What's odd is that if I "proof colors" in photoshop and chose the same output profile, the image previews just as dull and desaturated as it prints.

I removed the profiles from the ColorSync library, rebooted photoshop, re-downloaded and 'reinstalled' the profiles in the ColorSync library, and even deleted the printed and re-added it...none of that made a difference. 
The only thing I haven't tried is removing and reinstalling the media profiles on the printer itself.

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is this an M1 Mac? If so try running Ps in Rosetta mode. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Had no idea what that was and had to google it...thanks!

That helped a lot but annoyingly, colors still aren't as accurate as I feel like they were in the past. 

Maybe Im just being nostalgic or maybe Im getting pickier after doing this for years, but I could have sworn that printed colors were much closer to on-screen colors with the intel iMacs I've used in the past. 
Maybe it has something to do with newer screen tech being so much brighter and more vivid? Who knows...I just miss not having to color correct  

Announcements