Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1000 with Big Sur issue

Westphar
Apprentice

Hello,

I've got the following problem with my IPF pro-1000 printer and Mac Big Sur :

With help of Media Configuration Tool I installed several customized paper types for third party papers into the printer. As ususal, I tried to download these to my printerdriver which is 22.20 and confirmed to be compatible with MacOS Big Sur 11.XX by Canon.

When I start the process, the driver recognizes and announced that there are customized paper to be downloaded, but then the process tries to install any program or tool, and after inserting my password for the Mac it failes. In fact, nothing happens after I inserted the password anymore, regardless how long I wait.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and the tools 2 times, but still have the same issue.

A different PC running Windows 10 in the same network / office doesn't have the problem and is able to download all customized papers without any problems.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this issue ?

BR Robert

11 REPLIES 11

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Westphar,

The issue does look like a problem with the driver and how it is running on the OS. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the specific version of Big Sur that you have, we can check if it will run properly or what the issue might be.

To find your version number click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on about this Mac. For a more immediate resolution, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Hello Hector,

thank you for your help ! 

My current OS-version is 11.6, the driver I'm using is the latest Canon driver 22.20 .

Best regards Robert

imageguy
Apprentice

Canon PRO-1000 software not working.  Upgraded Mac OS and now when I chosse to print, Photoshop freezes. All menus go gray, program is locked up and I have to force quit from Photoshop. Tried reloading the current printer software. No help. In the middle of printing a 260 print portfolio collection. I need this working!

Hello, imageguy!

Welcome to the Canon Community!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options.

Per the Subject Matter Expert's previous advice, we will need to know exactly which version of the macOS you're using, any error messages you're seeing, as well as the way you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using a iMac Desktop running OS 11.6. Just ran an update on the operating software and now when I attempt to print to my PRO-1000 printer using the Canon software, it immediately freezes Photoshop. All my menus go gray, I cannot quit, or select anything. I have to force quit out of PS. I am in the middle of printing a 260 sheet limited edition portfolio. I need this printer working. I reloaded the Canon drivers, retarted, nothing changed. I need some assistance ASAP. Thanks

@imageguy wrote:

I am using a iMac Desktop running OS 11.6. Just ran an update on the operating software and now when I attempt to print to my PRO-1000 printer using the Canon software, it immediately freezes Photoshop. All my menus go gray, I cannot quit, or select anything. I have to force quit out of PS. I am in the middle of printing a 260 sheet limited edition portfolio. I need this printer working. I reloaded the Canon drivers, retarted, nothing changed. I need some assistance ASAP. Thanks

There is a problem with macOS 11.6 and the Canon print software. You will need to print from Ps. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That would be fine, but the results are not the same.  I am in the middle of a 260 print production run and the color management will not be the same from PS. 

Sorry I can't help you there.

It has been my experience that since the printer driver is what is actually controlling the printing I have get difference in output regardless of what software I am printing from as long as the settings are consistent and correct.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

My experience with this printer is it only prints well when running through Canon's software and that's not working with the current Mac OS upgrade.

Announcements