cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 issues

Ben3
Apprentice

Hi - I've been having connection issues where the printer will start, and then stop half way through a print citing connection problems. I'm connecting over WIFI. Also, my images have started printing with a lot more magenta and less yellow. Is there a way to adjust this at a deeper level than Photoshop or Lightroom? OSX 10.11.6

5 REPLIES 5

Ben3
Apprentice

I've fixed the connection issue - using LAN from the back of the computer now. Haven't been able to fix the color issue. I just want it back to how it used to be. Nozzle check print is fine, yellow is coming through well, just had a very magenta bias with skin tones now.

I'm having same magenta issue - yellow dropping out - suspecting print-head is dying. See other posts.

I'm looking for a fix. If it's a connection issue that would be great, but I don't think so.

Any luck with Canon tech support?

Have you done a printed head check? Yellow faultering?

I've done many of them - and everything always looked fine. I always used a sheet of regular copy paper.

Just before I saw your comment, I did one on the same (expensive) paper I was working on, and I could see some inconsistencies in the yellow. I had to do several deep cleanings on the that color group to get a finally clean pattern on the yellow. So far the problem seems to be solved. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

This was a very expensive head-cleaning, in time and ink.

This problem has come and gone over the last year. 

I'm not sure it's solved, but it seems solved for now. 

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ben3,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue.

If you would like to chat in real time with a chat agent, please click HERE and in the chat box ask to speak with a live agent or if you prefer to speak with someone on the phone, you can call 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements