cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 ink replacement issue

sonica
Apprentice

I have just replaced several ink cartridges in my Pro 1000 and the images on the printer displays tell me that I need to open the ink cartridge door, remove one of the new cartridges and shake it.  At least that is how I am interpreting the images.

Am I right? Is it ok to remove a new cartridge I just installed to shake it and put it back in?

Thanks for any help you can provide as Canon customer support is not available on Sundays.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sonica,

You don't want to take the ink out and shake it. There is a way to set the printer to shake the ink once they are install. YOu will need to go to Various Settings and then select Device Settings. Use the arrows to go to Auto maintenance setting and then select ink maintenance. Next, select on then press okay and then press the home button.

If the message still appears to shake the ink, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

Announcements