Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Pro 1000 and Catalina Clarification

There are several threads about MacOS Catalina. About to go in debt or new MacPro and would really appreciate clarification on what works and what does not. Also work arounds

Thank you to all of the support from board participants and from Canon reps

Ned Soltz
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pro 1000 and Catalina Clarification

Greetings,

Pro 1000 - This flagship printer has Catalina Support.  Both > Software and Drivers.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw
Occasional Contributor

It works, but not without some fairly significant issues - driver will always use Photo Paper Pro Platinum / Top feed, regardless of what you tell it to do.  Canon have acknowleged issues / lack of support, but not yet come through with any fix for these issues.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks. That’s what I thought. I will be ordering new Mac Pro within a month and dread Catalina. Still have another machine that I wont take to Catalina
Occasional Contributor

Great news - this now seems to have been addressed in a driver update that came out yesterday.  For some reason, it hasn't appeared on the Canon US site, but can be downloaded from here.

https://en.canon-me.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/other_series/imageprograf...

I have installed and it is looking good so far - no issues whatsoever and paper settings are now retained - as far as I can see the outstanding Catalina issues have now been addressed.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks! Will install tonight!