cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Pro 1000 and set-up on iMac

Choke
Contributor

Hi,

Think I made a misstake when I installed the printer from the beginning. I think I chosed airprint during the installation.

I have the changed PRO 1000 not use airprint - but I cant get the propeteries when I try to print from Lightroom.

Talked to Canon support that says I have to remove all Canon software and drivers for the printer - but will that help?

I have tried to reinstall the drivers and software but no sucess. I am not sure how to delete all drivers etc - the software is no problem.

Hope to get some help - any chance to fix it without remove and re-install?

Sorry for my bad english 

I am using iMac Catalina 10.15.Skärmavbild 2020-08-10 kl. 09.37.29.png

Regards

Lars

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi Choke. Welcome to the forum.

I suggest:

1. go to the canon support site and download the latest version of the printer driver.

2. In Printers & Scanners, when you have the Pro-1000 highlighted (like in your screenshot) select the "-" button to remove the printer.

3. Install the driver you just downloaed.

4. Go back to Printers & Scanners, select the "+" button to add aprinter and wait for the IJ Series version to appear.

5. Select that printer to add it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks John

Will this be correct?

Skärmavbild 2020-08-10 kl. 09.42.56.png

Perhaps I have totaly missunderstand the printer propeteri should look like this - but perhaps its old OS version?

Skärmavbild 2020-08-10 kl. 16.02.42.png

Sorry for the Swedish version...

Best regards

Choke

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Choke,

The selection in the first image is correct.

The second image is a screenshot from a Windows computer, not Mac.  The Mac version appears differently.

For more information regarding the Mac printer driver, please use the link below:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/PRO-1000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-driver.html

To view that manual in Swedish, please use this link to download the PDF version:

https://www.canon.se/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/other_series/imageprograf_pr...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Patrick

Ohhpps that was a great misstake from me - windows..... 🙂

Thanks for the link to the manual - shall read it.

Great foruum - great support!!!

Take care

Choke

click here to view the gallery
Announcements