cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riddle me this: How does one set "Strength" or "Tone" in the Pro-1000 print driver?

rjsphd
Contributor

I am using a PRO-1000  printer with a 1-yr old iMac running Catalina 10.15.7. My Canon print driver is the latest according to Canon. I usually print from Lightroom Classic using the Canon print driver on the computer.

The (only?) one cool feature of Canon's Professional Print & Layout software I have found useful is the "Strength" setting on the "Color Settings" tab when the B&W print box is checked.  It allows me to make small, but noticable changes in my B&W prints by selecting from a drop-down menu: Soft Tone, Standard, Medium-hard tone,....  

My understanding is that ALL functions of CPP&L are available in the print driver.  But I cannot find the Strength menu on the driver!  

Now, when I ckeck the B&W print box in the driver and go to the "Color Options" tab there is a Tone menu, but it is always greyed out, so I cannot see the menu choices.

How do I ungray the Tone menu or find the analog to Strength in the print driver.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is it possible this setting is greyed out because you have Color Matching or Color Sync "enabled"

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Funny you should ask.  My choice between Color Sync and Color matching are grayed out, as well!  And I don't know why.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements