cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 and Catalina Clarification

nsoltz
Contributor
There are several threads about MacOS Catalina. About to go in debt or new MacPro and would really appreciate clarification on what works and what does not. Also work arounds

Thank you to all of the support from board participants and from Canon reps

Ned Soltz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great news - this now seems to have been addressed in a driver update that came out yesterday.  For some reason, it hasn't appeared on the Canon US site, but can be downloaded from here.

https://en.canon-me.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/other_series/imageprograf...

I have installed and it is looking good so far - no issues whatsoever and paper settings are now retained - as far as I can see the outstanding Catalina issues have now been addressed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Pro 1000 - This flagship printer has Catalina Support.  Both > Software and Drivers.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

blackie36
Contributor

It works, but not without some fairly significant issues - driver will always use Photo Paper Pro Platinum / Top feed, regardless of what you tell it to do.  Canon have acknowleged issues / lack of support, but not yet come through with any fix for these issues.

nsoltz
Contributor
Thanks. That’s what I thought. I will be ordering new Mac Pro within a month and dread Catalina. Still have another machine that I wont take to Catalina

Great news - this now seems to have been addressed in a driver update that came out yesterday.  For some reason, it hasn't appeared on the Canon US site, but can be downloaded from here.

https://en.canon-me.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/other_series/imageprograf...

I have installed and it is looking good so far - no issues whatsoever and paper settings are now retained - as far as I can see the outstanding Catalina issues have now been addressed.

nsoltz
Contributor
Thanks! Will install tonight!
Announcements