cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1000 Repair Parts

Frustrated1000
Apprentice

I have just spent the morning getting the runaround from Canon's part replacement order department trying to find a replacement for a small part that broke on my Canon imageprograf Pro-1000. I was bounced around from one rep to another and nobody knew how I could order this part, or even what it was (!). Finally I was told I needed to get the part number myself (of course there is no diagram in the manual for me to find it - so how am I supposed to find it when Canon can't?) and I needed to order the part from a dealer. So I contacted the dealer where I bought the printer and they said they couldn't order the part either.

So now I have a $1200 doorstop. Canon was completely useless. Anyone out there parting out a Pro-1000? The part I'm looking for is the little foam strip, I think it's called the Platen Foam. Mine tore so it's not staying put when the paper goes through, it lifts up and jams the paper.

Any ideas are appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Glueing it down not sucessful? (Recognizing that I don't have this printer so I don't know exact configuration)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I wouldn't want to try doing that in case I needed to remove it for cleaning. Sometimes it gets soaked ink. The other thing that concerned me is if any other part on this printer fails, how am I supposed to get replacement parts? I can't believe they consider this a disposable printer.

I was going on the premise that you can't get the part and printer won't work as is.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

CanonLA
Contributor

You are on your own.  My experience today:  My first Pro-1000 was replaced because it leaked ink. This one has led a pampered life. Very light use. Borderless printing is a confusing hassle. Gulps ink to clean the heads. Now an error 7400. Waited over an hour to speak to someone in service. He told me that there are no longer ANY authorized repair centers for this printer. He advised putting in the trash and getting a new one. Canon has an upgrade program for this abandoned technology and will give me a discount. Another half hour wait to speak to someone in sales. Then I find out the only option is a 10% discount on a new one. There is no recycling program, even though Canon claims there is. Run as far from this product as you can.

Had the same experience with Canon on this printer. Only advice is find a tech center willing to work on the machine. I found one in Burbank, CA which helped me keep my machine alive for about 3 years now. One such fatal error code just meant to replace the print head, something Canon won't tell you. Unfortunately, the print heads are expensive and don't have a warranty. Not sure why Canon still sells a printer they refuse to support with service. 

Announcements