cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-1000 Driver Preference

Newsman
Contributor

Can someone tell me why my Mac OS keeps loading the Airprint driver for my Pro-1000 although I do not use it or want it to load and am constantly deleting it. I use the USB driver but if I turn off the computer at the end of the day, when I turn it back on the next day, my OS has loaded up the Airprint driver once again and in many cases deleted the USB driver. What can I do to keep the USB driver as the default and permanently get rid of the Airprint driver? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Newsman,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of  Macintosh is installed on your computer.

We look forward to your reply.

My Mac is running High Sierra 10.13.4. 

Hi Newsman,

I would recommend restarting the print system on your Mac. Once the print system is reset, please make sure you install the PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.20.0.0(click HERE for the driver). Once that driver is installed, open printers and scanners and select the PRO-100 series USB printer.

If the Apple AirPrint driver overrides the CUPS driver again, you will need to speak with Apple to have them troubleshoot the AirPrint software.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

You say to select the Pro-100 series USB driver. Don't you mean the Pro-1000 USB series driver?

Announcements