cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 prints my B&W in sepia

otava
Enthusiast

I have now struggeled with this for months. Cannot get desant B&W prints. They all turn out to be sepia or brownish. I print from Photo Shop Elements 11 using Print Studio Pro. Yes the B&W tag is checked. The only way would be to remove all the color cartridges, but then the thing does not print. Should I buy a separate dedicated B&W printer?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
That is strange if it was working correctly. Are you on a Mac? Was there an OS update? If a Mac are you using the latest driver?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Nope; on a PC. A friend had a similar problem with his Pro 100 and was advised to switch out all inks. That solved his problem. I did the same: no change.

I wonder if reinstalling the Pro 100 (with defaults) would remedy the situation?

It never hurts to redownload and reinstall the printer driver. It sometimes does clear up a problem if something corrupted the installed driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I am having the same problem with the sepia toning on B&W prints.  The problem comes and goes which makes it all the more perplexing.  Very frustrating to deal with as I sell B&W prints made from original 8x10 negatives.   I wish Canon could come up with a fix for this problem for the Pro-100.  I also have a Canon TS 8100 model and never have this problem.   I agree with a prior post that the magenta ink overload is likely the source of the problem.

Announcements