Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Pro 100 mac big sur borderless failure

MacOS Big Sur with latest everything (all updated).  CURRENT Pro 100 driver will not allow borderless.  [Source app independent, does not matter where I am printing from.]  Page setup correctly (IE, in Apple Pages) for Letter 8.5x11 Borderless. Border adjustment is dimmed, bleed cannot be adjusted; borderless printing not working.  ANY paper.  Driver removed, cleaned out all Canon files, fresh driver downoad & install after factor reset of the printer.  Stil not allowing borderless.  Have tried various 'solutions' without luck.  Used to work, even in Big Sur.  Don't know what may have changed (other than a maintenance update for Big Sur, which is on current version 11.3.1.)  Obiously missing something but dunno wht else to check.  Even after clean OS re-installed, everything 'fresh', will not print borderless of any size.

VIP

Re: Pro 100 mac big sur borderless failure

Welcome to the forum.

Verify that you have the IJ Series version of the printer installed and not the AirPlay version.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Occasional Contributor

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Verify that you have the IJ Series version of the printer installed and not the AirPlay version.

Yes, it is the IJ version.

For troubleshooting purposes, the printer's USB cable is connected, hopefully to avoid any network kludgery.  But ALL versions have been tried (USB, IJ Network, Bonjour) multiple times without success.

VIP

Do you have another software you can try printing from? Maybe Apple Photos?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

As I said in OP, "Source app independent, does not matter where I am printing from."

But of course I can try the full array of Big Sur software & others.
VIP

Smart a$$ answers will get you no where with me. Good luck.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
Smart a$$ answers will get you no where with me. Good luck.

My apologies, sir -- intended nothing of the sort!  I should have included an emoticon.  I am genuinely pleased that you have an interest in helping me out here.  Sorry.  Smiley Embarassed

VIP

Works correctly for me with Print Studio Pro printing from Canon DPP.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

Thx, I will give those a try... tho the borderless option used to work fine in Pages and Word and other apps... guess I'll just keep pluggin' away at it, bound to be a fix in there somewhere!  I miss my color laser & wonder if those do borderless as well... never had one capable of it.  The Canon has done a fine job but sure gobbles ink.  Have you used a printer you like better than the Pro 100?

VIP

I just tried using Lightroom with Print Studio Pro and it printed borderless as well.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH